Recreation Ground Deed of Trust

On the 21st December 1925 the land known as Little Field was sold to the Trustees by the Rev Robert Doble, acting for the Church, to be held in trust for the use and benefit of the inhabitants of Great Chesterford as a recreation ground. It was signed by all the...

Village Shop – Thurgood’s

Photograph of  Mr William Thurgood with Charles Andrews, a shop assistant behind the counter of Thurgoods shop on St John’s Cross.