On the 21st December 1925 the land known as Little Field was sold to the Trustees by the Rev Robert Doble, acting for the Church, to be held in trust for the use and benefit of the inhabitants of Great Chesterford as a recreation ground. It was signed by all the Trustees:- Alan Wentworth Stanley, Frederick Berryman, Harry Norman King, Geoffrey Waller King, Henry King Clayden, John Barrett, William Thurgood, Percy Smith.  On 6th May 1958 the Deed of Appointment was signed by the new Trustees :- John Barrett, William Thurgood, Percy Smith, Norman King, Henry Clayden, A J Cole, W M Hamilton, P G Shaw, Geoffrey Stephenson, Dr D Pattinson.

Categories: Document, Photograph
Tags: Berryman, Clayden, Cole, Doble, Hamilton, King, Pattinson, recreation ground, Shaw, Smith, Stanley, Stephenson, Thurgood