Cedar wood village hall built on Rose Lane in 1954 after 25 years of fund-raising. The land was purchased from Benskins Watford Brewery, owners of the Crown and Thistle. At that time the brewery owned the land from the Crown and Thistle to Rose Lane. The Deed of Trust on the land was signed on 28th April 1954, and is kept in the archive. The Trustees were William Hamilton of Manor Farm, Gordon Ruck of The Delles, Albert Cole, baker, and the Right Honourable Robert Andrew, Viscount Caldecote of The Rookery. The village hall closed in 1999 when the new Community Centre was built on the Recreation Ground.

Categories: Photograph
Tags: caldecote, Cole, Hamilton, Ruck, village hall