When the college closed in 1937 Mr Tothill kept the ownership and in 1947 opened it as a Country Club.  Membership was decided by an application followed by an interview.  The photograph shows Mr and Mrs Tothill playing croquet on the lawn. For more information on the Country Club see “House Histories of the Chesterfords”  available from the Society.

Categories: Photograph
Tags: Bishop's House, college, country club, Tothill, vicarage