Charles ‘Stodgy’ Searle ran the bakery from c.1912-1937 when Mr Bert Cole took over. It closed in 1953 and was converted to a private house. It lost its Grade 2 listing after a disastrous fire in the 1980s. The photograph shows the Searles standing in front of the bakery. The shop door can be seen to the right and beyond that some of the thatched cottages which were replaced by Orford House, built by Mr Thurgood.

File Type: jpg
Categories: Photograph
Tags: bakery, Cole, Old Bakery, Searle, shop, Thurgoods