Photograph of the 1950 flood at the Recreation Ground on Newmarket Road. The Pioneers Hut, a social club with a billiards table, can be seen on the right with Elm Cottage beyond. The Secretary of the Pioneers Club in 1929 was H Houghton. Elm Cottage was once the Eagle Tavern run by Alvin Tubal Hagger.

Categories: Photograph
Tags: Elm Cottage, flooding, Houghton, Pioneer Hut