The Shelfords were the original owners of the village shop on School Street, known as William Shelford & Sons, Grocers & Drapers. William Shelford ran the shop from 1870-1910 and on his death his sons Richard and John took over until 1920 when the Holmans arrived. William Shelford was well-liked being very courteous to his customers, he also owned several properties in the village.

File Type: jpg
Categories: Photograph
Tags: Holman, School St, Shelfords, village shop