The flour mill has been an important part of the community since Mr Thomas King owned it in 1886. The grain was supplied by local farmers and the flour produced was used by local businesses. The mill was water-powered and later changed to steam. It remained in the King family, run by Thomas’ two sons Henry and Thomas as Messrs T & H King. It provided work for many villagers but by 1979 it was rarely used and a change of use was proposed for ‘flatted workshops’.

 

File Type: jpg
Categories: Photograph
Tags: flour mill, King, Kings Mill