Photograph of the High Street looking east taken around 1920. At the top is The Plough, then Turner’s Farm and barn. At this time The Plough was an alehouse with three cottages. The two cottages to the right of The Shieling and Turner’s Farm have been demolished and only The Plough and The Shieling remain. The Water Tower House can just be seen but the large trees have been removed. The man in the foreground is presumably an agricultural worker.


Categories: Photograph
Tags: High St, Plough, Shieling, Turner