Marjorie Deacon lived in Fag End Cottage (Weaver’s Cottage) from 1968-79 and taught in a residential school in Ongar. She was a keen local historian and wrote three books on Great Chesterford. This one concentrates on the village and the layout of the fields surrounding it, before and after the Inclosure Act of 1801. It was self-published in 1983.

Categories: Publication
Tags: Chesterford, Deacon, field, inclosure