The Congregational Church (Chapel) in Carmel Street, (also called Chapel Street and Market Street) was built in 1846 with 250 sittings. It is built in a typical style with a pedimented frontage. A non-conformist chapel, it was well used by the Turner family who were stalwarts of the Salvation Army. Some changes were made in 1981 but by the mid 1990s it had fallen out of use. It was refurbished and reopened with a resident pastor in 1997 and has since also been used as a meeting place for village groups and societies.

File Type: jpg
Categories: Photograph
Tags: Carmel St, Chapel, Turner