This photograph of Carmel Street in the 1940s shows on the right Orford House and the Old Bakery with original thatch. Orford House was built by William Thurgood when he owned the village shop on St John’s Cross. The four cottages that had stood there were condemned and demolished in 1938 to be replaced with Orford House and Box Cottage.

Categories: Photograph
Tags: Carmel St, Old Bakery, Orford House