High Street

The High Street looking west taken around 1920. On the left is Turner’s Farm then The Shieling and two cottages which have been demolished. The chimney of Geldarts can just be seen in the distance. Top right is Southacre Cottage, later to become the village...

High Street – Southacre Cottage

Photograph of Southacre Cottage on the High Street, turned into a Surgery by Dr Treweek in 1936 and used from 1947-1980 by Dr Paddison.

Dr Padisson’s Name Plate

Dr Paddison bought Southacre on the High Street from Dr Treweek in 1947.  In 1936 Dr Treweek turned Southacre Cottage into his surgery.  Dr Paddison used it as his surgery until he retired in 1980.